Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Antiquing Paper Tutorial

Sometimes you just know what you want, but you don't have it, and it's snowing like crazy, so you just have to figure out how to use what you have on hand or you just might go crazy!  Sound familiar????

Yep, this is one of those projects, super simple, but with just the right results.

I have been working on a little "wall art" project for my entryway, and I needed a piece of parchment looking paper, which of course, I didn't have on hand.  I really wanted to finish and there just happened to be a major snow storm going on outside.  So as I was sitting there, sipping my tea,when the answer came to me---my tea bag!

I printed out what I wanted on a regular old piece of printer paper and then just dabbed my tea bag (wring out most of the liquid) right on the paper--don't try to swipe it around, it makes the ink smear.  In less than a minute I had a piece of paper that looked like it had been sitting around for 100 yrs!






Super fast and simple! Taking pictures was a last minute thought and the lighting was horrible, but hopefully you can see the difference!





If your paper starts to curl as it dries you can place it under a book, or iron it with a warm iron-no steam.

Tomorrow I will show you the finished wall and how I used the "antique" paper.






1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are so taleneted,