Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crockpot Lasagna

This is one of those easy meals for busy days!

Crockpot Lasagna

1-2 jars Spaghetti Sauce
6-8 Lasagna Noodles
32 ounces Cottage cheese
1 1/2 Cup. Mozzarella Cheese
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning

In a bowl mix cottage cottage cheese, 1 C. mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
In bottom of crockpot, place a thin layer of sauce.

Next, place a layer of uncooked noodles.  Break noodles to fit and cover as much sauce as possible.

Cover noodles with 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture.
Repeat layers and top with remaining 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese.

If your sauce is really thick, pour 1/2 cup of water around edges.
Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
Serves 6.

You can adjust the amounts for your family size, add an extra layer or make a half batch for a small family.  Your measurements do not have to be exact--add extra cheese if you like it really cheesy!

Serve with garlic bread and salad!

4 comments:

Chris said...

I may have to try this someday soon. Anything that goes in the crockpot and is easy I LOVE!!

DeAnna Jones said...

UH!  I had everything on hand last night to make this... instead I opted for a frozen one to make it "easier"!  Now I know better... :)   

DeAnna Jones said...

UH!  I had everything on hand to make this last night, but opted for a frozen lasagna because it was "easier"!  NOW I know better, :)

MurielK said...

What a neat crock pot meal to make while both my husband and I are at work. (The cat refuses to cook.) I'll make it on my Day Off the first time just to get a feel for the recipe and timing...and I know I'll substitute Riccotta cheese mixed with an egg or two for the cottage cheese because we both love Riccotta...plus add some cooked ground beef for my husband's sake. Now I'm hungry! Lol.